Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ONE YEAR!!!

A year ago on  July 17, 2009, I married my best friend for time and all eternity in the Rexburg, Idaho temple. I am so thankful he is in my life, and that we have had one fabulous year together. It doesn't really seem like a year, I feel as tho we just got married a few months ago. He is the best husband I could ever ask for. He treats me like his queen. He is my world, and my everything. We have had our disagreements, but more often than not, we have had some awesome experiences. After we were first married, my parents invited us every month to go to the temple with them, and we went, and sometimes we went just for the ice cream we got afterwards! ha.. no, i'm kidding, I'm really thankful they pushed us to go with them at least once a month. Both mine and skylars testimonies have grown so much. More than we'd ever expect in one year. Going to the temple is one of our favorite things to do. We love to feel the spirit and to have that quiet, thinking time to just the two of us. We always go with questions, and thoughts, and every time we go, we end up getting answers and feeling better about certain decisions. Going to the temple that often has brought us closer together as a couple and as one, it has also elimated alot of the arguments i'm sure we could have had, had we not attended the temple. Also, in the last year we have taken many trips to utah, boise, and west yellowstone. They may not be big, fancy, expensive trips, but they are just fine for me. We always have a blast when we are on a mini vacay! and we always make the best of them! Skylar has worked alot of our first year of marriage, and unfortunately he wasn't able to be home on our big 1 year anniversary. And yes- being the cry baby i am, I cried alot that day. I was a little depressed, ok ... maybe a bit more than a little depressed.. it was hard for me to grasp the thought of not even seeing him on our anniversary. But, being the wonderful husband he is, Skylar sent me a huge bouquet of flowers. He did an awesome job! He had them put together like my wedding bouquet and he had them sent to school. And yes.. I cried when I received them. He is the sweetest, niceset.cutest, etc, etc, etc. guy in the whole entire world. I love him to death and I wouldn't trade anything about our marriage for the world. As a result of him being away on our anniversary, he came home the next weekend and surprised me with a night at the Destinations Inn in Idaho falls, with of course, a great dinner! He felt horrible that he couldn't be here, but He promised he would make it up to me... and he DID!! the following day we got up and traveled down to Bear lake where we spent the day with our very good friends Greg and Ann jones.. and of course my fave.. Little Emmett.! We enjoyed the beach and a delicious dinner of italian meatballs, salad, and garlic bread! It was a good belated anniversary weekend. And I love Bear Lake. I think I would be just fine with moving down there... or at least having a vacation home on the lake! :)
I just want everyone to know that I married the best guy on the face of the earth. He is my best friend, and my life. I am so glad I get to spend eternity with him... Its only been one year... But I am looking forward to 100+ more!
These are the flowers sky sent me! I just LOVE them! They are sooooo beatuiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment