Thursday, June 30, 2011

And then there were SIX.... for Eternity..

This last weekend I had the privilege of going to Salt Lake City for a Sealing of a wonderful family.
Skylars Aunt and Uncle, Holly & Tyler, adopted 2 sweet little girls and had them sealed to them for time and all eternity.


The feelings that I had in the temple were undescribable. The spirit was so strong and I had, yet again, a huge confirmation that Families are Forever with the power of the priesthood. It is such a wonderful thing to be able to experience this blessing. I am so thankful that my parents raised me with the gospel and that they drilled into my head that the temple is "the only way to go" when getting married. I have alot to owe to them and to my Young Women leaders, as well as family friends and adopted mothers. I am grateful that I made the right decision to hold a temple recommend and that I can go every chance I get. This sealing was so powerful and so amazing.

 
These two little girls are soo adorable. They are so polite and so friendly and have jumped into the family so smoothly. They were abandoned my their parents just about a year ago. An older lady either found them or knew their parents had just left them. (I'm not exactly sure). Out of the kindness of her heart, she took the girls in and kept them while she called the police. The police came and took them, took them to the foster care offices, and there they cleaned them up somewhat. Not too long after that,
Tyler and Holly were able to receive them both as foster children. After having them for a while, they felt the need to adopt them and take them as their own kids, and add to their family. So the adoption process began!! And just a few short weeks ago, the adoption was final and we all got to experience this wonderful day filled with love and joy when the family of 4 became a family of 6 for time and all eternity! And have been spoiled!! But they deserve it because its stuff their parents never could give them. It is truely sad where they came from and their background, but what a blessing for Tyler and Holly.

It is amazing to me to know that Aubrey and Ashlie comprehend the fact that they now have an older sister and an older brother so fast! Kids never cease to amaze me at how smart they really are.



This is Ashlie. She is 4. She's a bit shy to begin with, but once she knows who you are, she's all about havin' fun!


This is Aubrey. She is 2. She is so energetic and not shy at all!!!


And then there were FOUR kids!! And they all get along like normal brothers and sisters!!
 Chandler is enjoying having younger sisters to play cops and robbers with, (that is if he can convince them to play)!


Ashlie kept telling me she was going to the temple someday, and singing parts of the song,
"I Love to See The Temple." Aubrey would kind of mumble it like she knew exactly what she was singing! It just made my heart melt!!



They are best friends!! Always have been and always will be!!



And they LOVE having a big sister!! They love to make Kayla play dress up with them, and house, and think she is the coolest thing ever!!


Now they are a family forever!! And we couldn't be more excited to welcome these 2 beauties into the family!!!! Thank you Holly and Tyler for letting me be apart of such a special day!! It is one I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment