Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How it all started -

So sitting in Mrs. Kaspers math class one day in the 7th grade Skylar passed me a note... telling me that we should be friend, yes-it was the "thing" to do at that age. Notes were like the coolest thing in the world when we were in 7th grade. I wrote back and said "OK" on it and sneakily passed it back. Little did I know that day that bigger and better things were to come out of that note. We finally realized that we actually had all of our classes together, except for one. That gave us the opportunity to talk more and more. We got to know each other and became pretty good friends. Then one day, it dawned on us that we had the "middle school crush" on each other. Over the next couple days I would talk to my friends about it and we were all so giggly about it, you know how middle school aged girls are about boys, we couldn't help ourselves, we talked about boys (especially Skylar) from then on. Then one day, again, in Mrs. Kaspers class, Skylar passed me another note. This time it said..."Do you want to go out with me?" I was speechless. I wasn't sure what to say back. And I'm sure that the look on my face was priceless. I wrote back telling him I'd think about it (meaning I had to consult the girls) and let him know by the end of the day. Once again, he gave me that same smile in acknowledgement that he had given me when we "officially" became friends.
As soon as I told my girl friends about "the note", they, in unison, said "why wouldn't you?". Right then and there I had my answer. So I wrote Skylar a note back and told him I would "Go out with him." (aka.. be his girlfriend). As soon as school was let out, I hurried to find him to give the note to him. He read it right then and there and then, again, he smiled. We exchanged numbers before getting on the bus to go home and planned that he would call me sometime that night. At the time, it was the best day of our lives. As I walked in the door from getting off the bus, my mom so sweetly asked how my day was. All I could say was, "It was great!!" (of course with the "I'm up to something" smile. Then of course, moms aren't as stupid as we think they are. She knew something was going on, so she simply asked, "Why the smile?"... I just thought about it- then she had to ask again because I didn't answer her the first time. ..... whoops!! I thought... I'm not supposed to have a boyfriend... I'm not 16 yet.. Should I tell my mom??!!? What do I tell her?? lol... then I just told her it was a really good day at school, and all of my classes were fun. ;) Later that night, as promised, I recieved a phone call!! Uh Oh!! Dad answered it... He handed me the phone asking why "a boy" was calling me. I make the mistake of telling him he was "just a friend from school". Like my dad is going to believe that. I was busted!!! I took the phone and ran off to my room to talk to Skylar. When I hung up I took the phone back to where it belongs and my face was as red as Hot Tamales!! From that day on, I got crap from the family, the neighbors, and everyone else that knew. But... I didn't care, because I had a boyfriend!! We were cool kids now!! haha... So after that we talked every night on the phone, and met up at the football and basketball games as much as we possibly could. Then the 3rd trimester of the school year came... to me it seemed tragic-I didn't have ONE class with Skylar. How in the world was I going to cope? So.. I decided to dump him. Just out of no where, I broke up with him. He was heart broken, and his friends all hated me for it. But, life went on. After the 7th grade fling, we didn't speak to each other for the rest of the school year...

No comments:

Post a Comment